Local Link bus services in Cavan & Monaghan
In Cavan & Monaghan, the Cavan Monaghan Transport Co-Ordination Unit CLG coordinates TFI Local Link services for the community on behalf of the National Transport Authority. For information on how the personal data for our Local Link users is handled and used, click the link https://www.transportforireland.ie/rural-transport-privacy-statement
This Privacy Notice is issued by Cavan Monaghan Transport Co-Ordination Unit CLG trading as TFI Local Link Cavan Monaghan (“LLCM”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the data relating to you that we collect and use in connection with this website, and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we make of such data. The LLCM is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked sites.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, you can contact us by phone, email, online form or letter. Details can be found on our contact us page ask to speak to or mark the inquiry for our Data Protection Officer.
Personal Data that we Collect and Process
We collect and process personal data relating to you in connection with your use of this website and our relationship with you. This personal data may include:
- Your name and contact details, including your address, phone number and email address;
- Information that you provide in any online application form;
- Information that you submit during a consultation process with us;
- Information that you provide by phone, email or letter.
If you choose to send us personal information, for example via our ‘Contact Us’ page, we will use that information in line with the purpose for which you provided it and to respond to you if required. We will pass your details to another agency only if it is required by law or if that agency is relevant to your inquiry. We do not collect personal information for commercial purposes.
Website Usage Data
We use a monitoring application to collate and analyse certain statistical information about the use of this website. When you visit our website, the following information is retained about that visit:
- IP (Internet Protocol) address;
- The number of times per visit a request for data was received from each IP address;
- The entry page to our website;
- The length of time spent on our website;
- The exit page from our website;
- The IP address of a link if used to access our website;
- The identity of any search engine used to access our website;
- A list of all the pages visited while in our website; and
- The name of the browser used, e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer.
No attempt is made to identify individual users or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
We will use personal data relating to you for the purposes of:
- Improving and developing this website;
- Processing application forms;
- Engaging in a consultation process;
- Carrying out research and customer satisfaction surveys;
- Responding to queries and feedback submitted by you;
- Generating and analysing statistics regarding usage of this website, including the frequency of use of individual pages (where possible, personal data will be anonymised before being used for this purpose);
- Fraud prevention, investigation and detection;
- Establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
The legal bases on which we process your personal data are:
- That this is necessary for the performance of tasks that we carry out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us by law;
- That this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that applies to us; or
- That you have given your consent to the processing.
Recipients of Data
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, including:
- To public service transport operators;
- To third parties who we engage to provide services to us in connection with this website, such as outsourced service providers, IT services providers, professional advisers and auditors;
- To other public authorities and bodies where required or permitted by law, such as the Gardaí or other law enforcement authorities for the purposes of the prevention, investigation or detection of crime.
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described in this Notice, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us. Feedback, queries, complaints and other correspondence submitted on our website or by email are retained for 7 years.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- The right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- The right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller; and
- Where our processing of your personal data is based on you having provided consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time by contacting us.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us. Our contact details can be found on our contact us page ask to speak to or mark the inquiry for our Data Protection Officer.
In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
The TFI Local Link Cavan Monaghan website may contain links to other sites. Please take note that the TFI Local Link Cavan Monaghan website is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such other sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this site.
We may occasionally update this policy. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you are not happy with the way we are using your personal data or how we facilitate your rights or comply with our obligations under applicable data protection law, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner by emailing [email protected].