There are a number of ways by which you can provide us with feedback, seek information or make a complaint if you feel the standard of service is not meeting our customer care commitments. This complaints procedure is for any member of the public who wishes to make a complaint against Cavan Monaghan Transport Coordination CLG trading as Local Link Cavan Monaghan (the company).
Scope of the policy
This policy applies to the general public (which includes service users, potential service user, persons making enquires etc.) and also includes sub-contractors and funders of the company. This policy does not apply to staff or the board of directors of the company.
A person can make a complaint if they feel that:
- they have been unfairly treated by the company
- a service that a person feels they are entitled to is not being provided
- a service which is being provided is inadequate
- a decision made is considered wrong or did not take into account all the facts
- a request for a service or information has been ignored or unreasonably delayed
The company is committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients. We regard complaints as an important source of information for improving our services for the future.
What is a ‘Complaint’?
The Ombudsman has set out the following definition of a complaint:
‘a decision or action is taken which relates to the provision of a service or performance of a function which, it is claimed, is not in accordance with the rules, practice or policy of the organisation or the generally accepted principles of equity and good administrative practice and which adversely affects the person concerned’……….
In other words the service received was bad, inadequate, flawed or not carried out to an acceptable standard or in accordance with proper procedures.
Making a Complaint
You may make a complaint by asking to speak to the Manager, or if the complaint refers to the Manager you can ask to speak to a director of the company. Every effort will make every effort to resolve your complaint at this stage. If you are not satisfied you may make a formal complaint.
You can make a formal complaint in writing, or by e-mail to:
The Manager Cavan Monaghan Transport Co-ordination Unit Ltd The Pringle Building Monaghan Road Clones Co. Monaghan
You will help to speed up the investigation of your complaint by providing the following details:
- Your name, address and email address (optional);
- Exactly what you were dissatisfied with;
- The name of the staff member/ board member/ volunteer who dealt with you (if known); and
- A daytime telephone number, if you would be happy for us to contact you by phone this may help us to resolve the matter more quickly.
Our Commitment to Dealing with Formal Complaints
- We will acknowledge all complaints within 3 working days.
- We will investigate all complaints and issue a reply to your complaint within 15 working days or, where this is not possible, an interim reply will issue explaining the position and advising when a substantive response will issue.
- All complaints will be treated promptly, fairly, impartially and in confidence.
- We will keep records of complaints separate from other records.
- We will ensure that no complaint you have made in good faith will be used to your disadvantage in the future.
- We will endeavour to learn from mistakes to ensure that errors are not repeated.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation by the Manager you may submit a written complaint for the attention of The Chairperson of the company.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your appeal, you have a right to appeal to the Office of the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is completely independent of the Government and the service is free. Nothing in this complaint procedure affects your statutory rights under Freedom of Information, Data Protection or other relevant legislation.
The Office of the Ombudsman
18 Lower Leeson Street Dublin 2 Tel: 01 6785222 Fax: 01 6610570 Lo-call: 1890 223030 Email: email@example.com Website: www.ombudsman.gov.ie